Create your Own Website Design

YouTube Preview Image There is finally a way for anyone to create their own website design. Is the tool free? Nope, sorry for the first time one of my tools isn’t free. Is it expensive? Nope, at least not for what it does.

It’s called Artisteer and it costs $49.95, but it will allow you to create a wide variety of your own designs. Your actually on an Artisteer created site right now and here are a few more:

I show Artisteer in action, in the video, above. For more information go to Web Design Generator – Artisteer. If you have any questions just write a comment below.

Til next time…

25 Responses to “Create your Own Website Design”

1. I need some advice for my blog….I like your layout. Can you help me?

2. sudheerbabu says:

Hi
    Its a nice content. May i know is it required to install wordpress for different categories or i can install one wordpress and use it for different categories.

Thanks,
    Sudheer

3. Gedamu Alemu says:

Hi
    i am very intersting to be web developer in our country (Ethiopia) places advices me and attache importante document in pdf format and tutorials.
    thanks lot

4. Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing
    several weeks of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

I get attacked hundreds of times per day. I finally locked down my whole site with a plugin from sucuri.net. This isn’t a paid endorsement by and means. They have effectively fought off every problem for quite some time for next to nothing price wise. I hope that helps 🙂

5. Leslie irvin says:

The site where you can just chill

6. Watamhata Wit Yu says:

I’m thinking of developing a website that requires a membership authentication login and password field. I noticed that you mentioned designing your webpage with Artisteer. Does Artisteer offer the ability to create custom login/password pages? I explored their website but wasn’t able to find anything useful. Thanks.

You can definitely password protect articles or pages by default using WordPress. On the page look in the upper right hand corner and you’ll see where you can set the password.

7. kerel says:

I never heard of this but did you design your website with this.

Most websites I make are built this way. My original site was actually hand coded, but I ditched it and bought a theme to keep myself from constantly tinkering with it 🙂

• kerel says:

How do you design a different page without seeing the same content you see on the home page for example I have a video on my home page and it ends up on my about page and if i erase it off my about page it ends up erase on my home page.

I’d use WordPress. That way you can pull data from a database. You could of course do that on your own, but WP makes it very easy.

• kerel says:

Are you saying that in the program artisteer we are not allow to create different pages within in it, because if that’s the case how would I add things to my database if it does not allow me to make different layouts on different pages.

8. Pradeep says:

Thanks for the tutorial, I am planning to purchase Artisteer software. To use in my Web Based Applications.
    I am going to use struts2 web framework, and ajax by using jsp pages.

I am planning to use Aristeer, as Design the pages and export as html, and I will use generated html and css by Aristeer to create my jsp pages.
    Hope you can understand my plan, Please suggest me if it is possible and guide me further, also suggest if there is any better way. For me designing page, css etc are pain full.

Thanks
    Pradeep

Hi Pradeep, Sure you can definitely do that. Artisteer is a great tool especially if you want to help clients make their own sites. Most clients find it hard to turn their back on a project if they feel they helped make it. The only problems occur when they are terrible with design. Best of luck 🙂

9. Pradeep says:

Thanks Derek, I have buy Artisteer, also started using it in my jsp pages by using imported html and css files.

Thanks
    Pradeep

10. Pradeep says:

Yes Derek, It is useful :-), Now I need a another help.

On my sites I want the page Headers to enable for Flash – .swf file (Adobe Flash files) using only images, photos likes jpg files.

In Artisteer, I will use these swf file for header.
    Please let me know the best way to create swf file.

I found adobe flash professional is one option.
    Also is there any online option available.

I have adobe photoshop 7, but using this I can’t create swf file.I am able to create web photo gallery the htm file, Can I create swf file using adobe photoshop

Help me on this.

Thanks
    Pradeep

Are you sure you want to use Flash with the banner? It sounds like you want to make a slide show if I’m guessing right? Since Flash doesn’t work with most mobile devices may try creating the slide show using regular JavaScript. Here is a tutorial that may help Edit the Coda Slider.

11. Pradeep says:

Awesome, You are correct it for slide show on header with some images.
    Yes I supposed to ask about this jquery vs flash banner.
    I will choose jquery, because I will make available my apps in mobile also.
    I will follow your referred code slider tutorial, Thanks Derek for everything.

Thanks