When I was young I used to love performing what are called suggestibility test’s. These are tricks that make the other person think you have power over them. I didn’t know it then, but if you master these technique’s you will be able to hypnotize people without them knowing. This is what they call indirect hypnosis.
These tricks can be used to amuse others or to improve your ability to hypnotize others. I’ll teach you the trick’s in the order of complexity.
While performing these just do the following:
- Always act in control. No matter how your subject acts, act as if the trick is working.
- If the subject acts as you want, compliment them.
- Move the subject slowly through the tests. These tests normally only fail if the subject gets confused.
Hand Relaxation Trick
This is a set up trick that will work on everybody. After you do this trick, your subject will be more likely to fall for the other tricks. Have them do the following:
- Tell them to sit up / stand up straight, good
- Tell them to raise their hands in front of them, right
- Tell them to point straight up with their right index finger, good
- Tell them to place their left hand palm onto their index finger, great. (demonstrate this)
- Say, concentrate on relaxing your left hand completely. So, relaxed that the only thing holding it up is your right finger, great.
- Tell them when your hand is completely relaxed, to the point you can’t relax it anymore nod, ok
- When they nod say, ok at the count of three remove your right finger
- One, two, three
- Their hand should drop immediately to their side. Great
You have now made them very likely to follow suggestions that are much more complicated. Just make sure you praise them along the way. Now on to a more complicated test.
The Pendulum Trick
This is another trick, that I’ve never seen fail. To perform this trick you will need a string with a ball, coin, washer, etc tied to the end. Say the following to the test subject:
- Hold the pendulum in front of you, between your thumb and index finger. Great
- Keep your hand still. Keep it very still right
- Say concentrate hard. Concentrate and think about the pendulum swinging from side to side right.
- You are following my directions very well, right
- Think about it swinging back and forth. Great.
- Your now following directions very well
- Think about it swinging in a circle now
Make sure as you are going through this exercise, that you give them time for the pendulum to move. If you direct them to move in a certain direction, but it goes in another, just switch suggestions. It should work however if they are focusing on the pendulum.
The Eye Lid Lock
This is my absolute favorite trick, because it can’t fail if they follow directions. Also, this is the first trick in which your subject will believe you are controlling them. You are actually telling them to try to do something that they physically can’t. Do the following:
- Tell them you are going to show them how their subconscious can make certain muscles stop working.
- Tell them to sit in a chair, up straight, great
- Hold your index finger up, and ask them to focus on the tip, right
- Say close your eye’s, but look at my finger through your eye lid’s, good
- Tell them you will help them find your finger. Place it on their forehead and tell them to look at it. When their eye’s move compliment them.
- Say now feel your eye’s becoming more relaxed. Feel them lock down as they are glued shut. Watch my finger as your eye lid’s become more stuck together.
- Now move your finger to the top of their scalp and ask them to continue watching your finger.
- After you see their eye’s move, say now as you watch my finger try to open your eye’s
- If they focus on your finger they will find it hard to open their eye’s. So state that it is hard to open them, because they are sealed shut, as you look at my finger. Right?
- Say they will remain tightly closed as you watch my finger, but now relax. Tell them to stop trying. Move your finger away. Compliment them and ask them to open their eye’s.
This is a great trick. After this people will really believe in your powers of hypnosis. By believing, that makes hypnosis that much easier.
Finger Lock Trick
This trick also takes advantage of involuntary muscle movement’s. Here I teach you how to trick someone into thinking you can control their body. Follow these steps:
- Tell them to stand with their feet shoulder length apart. Great
- Ask them to hold their hand’s outstretched in front of them right.
- Now say clasp your hands together as if you are praying. Ok
- Tell them now twist your hand’s only, up so your knuckles are pointed toward the ceiling. Great
- Say extend your two pointer finger’s up and hold them an inch apart from each other.
- Tell them to concentrate on their finger’s. In a moment I’m going to crank those finger’s together. They will touch as I crank, because you will feel as if I have wrapped a rubber band around them.
- Say you feel them being pulled closer and closer together now, tighter and tighter crank. Good
- Continue with the previous phrase until they touch. Don’t worry it will work because of involuntary muscle tension they won’t be able to resist.
Hand Lock Test
Now that you can control the finger’s, I’ll teach you to lock the hand’s together. This trick work’s in much the same way as the previous. Just say:
- Tell them to stand with their feet shoulder width apart. Good
- Say lift your arm’s in front of you, as you do the same. Great
- Say clench your hand’s together as if you are praying. Clench them together hard as they are interlocked. Ok
- Say, concentrate on keeping them locked together, squeezing them together. Squeeze those finger’s tightly together.
- Say, feel them getting glued together. They are glued together, like a block of cement right?
- Tell them, I will soon count to three. As I do so your hand’s will tighten together. When I say three your hands will be glued together. They will be cemented together, so you won’t be able to pull them apart. Yes
- Say you can’t pull them apart, they are stuck tightly together. 1, the more you try the harder they are stuck. 2, as you hold them, tighter still. 3, I want you to try pull them apart, and the harder you try the more tightly I want you to lock them together.
If they started out by really clenching their hand’s together, they will not be able to pull them apart. Now tell them to stop, relax and lower their hand’s and ask them to open their hands.
That’s all folk’s
I know ton’s of these trick’s. If you like article’s like this or want me to cover something specific, you will leave a comment below.
Here to serve