Gestures and Body Language 2

Gestures and Body LanguageOver a year ago I made a video that made be pretty popular on YouTube called Gestures and Body Language.

I had always been interested in body language so I decided to combine all of the knowledge I could get from the top 20 books, law enforcement manuals and psychology books. I combined everything these experts agreed on into one video and it was a hit.

I kept receiving requests to make a version of it that included pictures / videos and today I provide that video!

More Videos on Body Language and Communication

If you found this useful share it with others

More Articles and Videos on Body Language and Negotiation

If you want to read further on the topic of Body Language Analysis I provide further tutorials here:

10 Responses to “Gestures and Body Language 2”

1. woody says:

This is an amazingly helpful and informative site, the only problem I am having is running out of time to spend on it……….give it a go…………I dare you………. :0)

Thank you for stopping by. My site has a ton of stuff that isn’t on my YouTube channel 🙂

• Lyle says:

Hello again Derek, I am the teacher. You replied to my first email earlier today and that made my day!I am eager to learn as much as I can. Where should I start learning first about other forms of BL. feel free to em me. Please no spam though

Hi, I cover body language, decision making, negotiation and persuasion for the most part in my psychology articles / videos. All of my body language videos / articles are here Gestures and Body Language. I have body language analysis specific to lying here Become a Human Lie Detector.

Most of what I do is based on NLP. You can find out more about it by going here Psychology NLP. I learned all of this from body language books, personal training and law enforcement books. I used to write sales scripts and found this information dramatically increased sales numbers. Of course it improves communications in any situation.

I hope you find it useful. Sorry it isn’t better organized. As per Spam, don’t worry about it because I don’t sell anything. Everything is 100% free. I don’t even send out email newsletters or anything.

If you need anything else, just drop me a note.

Derek

2. dot says:

I think the looking up to the left or right information in the top video is not accurate in all cases. I read in the book “You can read anyone” By David J.Lieberman that : “If a right handed person looks up to his left it indicates he is virtually remembering a past event. (For a left handed person the opposite is true)

About 15% of people do the exact opposite as you said. Some people believe that left handed people use opposite eye accessing cues. I prefer to baseline people before judging. That way you will be certain. A question like what color is your front door will normally be enough, or a similar question

3. EChavez says:

Do you know if the meanings are the same globally?

4. Phillip says:

Hey….good info. I’m sure u seen the show lie to me. You think its possible to be like the main actor of the show?

I can do a lot of what he does and I’m not an expert. There are 2 things that bother me about the show.

Number 1 is that he makes everyone aware that he is reading their body language. He implies that that helps him in some way. I have always found that as soon as someone knows I’m reading them that it is very hard to continue. They lock down immediately and start sending out nothing but false positives.

Number 2 is that he focuses way to much on something called micro expressions. That is because Paul Ekman is a contributor to the show. I have found micro expressions to be rather useless in most situations. They aren’t even very useful when the subject is video taped. I was told by people who worked for the Department of Defense that they found them useless as well.

It is rather easy to read body language. It just requires practice. Watch C Span for a never ending example of both good and bad liars. I hope that helps 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. MA-egonz | Acting is nothing about words – AfA Presentation - [...] http://www.newthinktank.com/2011/08/gestures-and-body-language-2/ [...]