How to Design a Website 2

How to Design a WebsiteIn a previous tutorial, How to Design a Website, I showed you the steps I follow to create a web design as quick as possible.

Because of numerous requests, I’ll show you how to add my cross browser Featured Content and JQuery Slider components to that original design.

This tutorial will continue to take you to the next level in web design. Good developers know the languages. Great designers can build websites that work consistently on every browser. I teach you more about cross browser development now.

If you want all of the code it is available in a zipped archive here zipped archive.

I promise the shopping cart app is coming. Actually, this is the theme I’m going to use with it. So technically it is already started 🙂

If you like videos like this, share them

Leave questions and comments below. I like to hear from you guys and girls.

Till Next Time

Think Tank

11 Responses to “How to Design a Website 2”

1. supprof1 says:

good you’re the best derek

2. Yousri Rifai says:

Dear Derek
    This is great and will learn me things was far away from me thanks for your help. Regards

3. Maurice says:

Derek, your tutorials are the best! They are both well edited and nicely structured. I would love to see something about charts embedded in html, like Google charts.

Keep on with the videos.

Thank you very much 🙂 I was playing with Google charts a while ago and was pleased that they seemed to work better than their poll system in Google docs. I’ll see what I can do. Thanks

4. Punit says:

nice video, but i have a question, not related to this video but i want to know, how to make a web application mobile compatible, or how can i make a website mobile compatible, which is already created..?
    thanks

5. Siddharth says:

Sir you’re so awesome! I understand everything you say in your tutorials 🙂 You have such a nice flow.. I’m so glad that I came to know about you :). I have a little request that can you please make a tutorial that just simply overviews all the different things in web design and development as to what they do and what there intended application is? For example, just explaining in brief the role and application of sql,jquery,asp,.net,ajax,xml etc.. Thanks a billion. Cheers

Thank you for the kind compliments. I have tutorials for most of those topics. I can cover them here.

SQL : Retrieving data and storing it in a database

JQuery : Simplifies many tasks you’d normally make with javaScript like pulling data dynamically from a database on your server

ASP : I don’t use ASP, but it is used pretty much in the same way that PHP is. It is code that sits on your server and it allows you to pull data from the database, store it, etc.

AJAX : Pulls data dynamically from the database without a need to reload the web page. Look at JQuery

xml : Provides ways for you to logically structure data in numerous ways on any device

JavaScript : Allows you to write code that executes dynamically in the users browser

Java : Allows you to make robust desktop, tablet, and network applications

I hope that helps 🙂