How to Design a Website

How to Design a WebsiteIn this video tutorial, I’ll show you how to design a website quickly.

I start out with a basic sketch that took me 10 minutes to draw. I explain what I’m thinking about as I create that sketch.

I then show you how to quickly draw everything using the free version of Artisteer. After everything looks nice I throw it into Adobe Illustrator for additional editing.

For those who don’t have Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape is a great free alternative.

Tutorials Mentioned in Video

Next Time
In the next few tutorials I’ll fix the featured content slider so that it works for my new design. Then I’ll turn the mock up into a finished web design. This web design will then be turned into a finished WordPress Shopping Cart.
If you like videos like this share it
Leave questions and comments below.
Till Next Time

11 Responses to “How to Design a Website”

1. And again you publisch a stunning and helpfull tutorial.

Thank you so much for sharing all this cint of information about making website and wordpress tutorials.

Im working on my second design thats going to be a wordpress theme, but at this right moment im still stuck on some internet explorer issues.

But the most important thing i have to say is that your website is the best help there is on the internet.

Again thank you verry much

I’m working on solving this problem as we speak. As soon as I have a fix I’ll upload it in the next wordpress theme tutorial. I as well have horizontal menu problems in IE 6 and 7. Don’t worry I’ll fix it

I’m remaking the horizontal menu using a little JQuery. That will make it cross browser on everything. I’ll put it up as soon as I can

2. supprof1 says:

derek is like the wordpress superMan

3. Menno says:

I realy like that and hardly cant wait for the next tutorials. But im following the new tutorial about the wordpress shopping card as we speak, so take your time 😉

4. supprof1 says:

derek you’re unique in this world and so is your designing website method.

5. mamun says:

hi derek,
    i got 3 videos for shopping cart(for wordpress). actually i am confused that do you have more than 3 or i dont find them.

Hi, The tutorial for the shopping cart actually started with How to Design a Website. If you search for shopping on my site, you’ll see all of the videos in order. I give you the theme and show you how to set up everything. That site has made a great deal of money and have never had a single security issue. I’m very happy with it. I hope it helps

6. Anonymous says:

you are amazing thank you