Java Video Tutorial

Java Video TutorialHere I begin what will be a massive Java Video Tutorial. I start with all you need to start writing Java programs.

I then cover just about anything you’d want to know about Javas primitive data types. I cover declaration statements, expression statements, all the types and how to convert them.

This tutorial starts out slow, but by the end you will be a Java expert! Make sure you print out the code below to help you learn easier.

I promise watching this Java video tutorial from beginning to end will teach you everything there is to know about Java. I hope you enjoy it.

If you like videos like this tell Google
To make me extra happy, feel free to share it

Code From Video

// Here I'm defining a new class (Blueprint) named HelloWorld
// public tells Java that this should be available to all other classes
// classes are blue prints used to design objects that contain attributes (variables) and methods (functions)
// HelloWorld is just what you named your program. That allows you to reference it later
// { is the opening brace that surrounds the code used by HelloWorld
public class HelloWorld
{
		// public allows other classes to use this function
		// static means that only a class can call for this function to execute
		// void states that this function doesn't return any values after it is done executing
		// main is required in every Java program. This function is always executed first
		// Every main function must accept an array of string objects

static String randomString = "String to print";

// Constant variables are defined with the word final
		static final double PINUM = 3.1415929;

public static void main(String[] args)
		{
			// System.out is an object that outputs information
			// println is a function that prints to the screen what ever you provide between braces
			// "Hello World" is a string of characters. Strings must be surrounded with quotes
			// Every statement ends with a semicolon ;
			System.out.println("Hello World");

// Variable names are case sensitive. Age is not the same as age.
			// Variables must begin with a letter and contain numbers, _, or $
			// You must declare all variables before you can use them with a data type

/* You can use any variable name except for
			 * abstract		continue	for		new		switch	assert	default	goto	package		synchronized
			 * boolean	do	if	private	this	break	double	implements	protected	throw
			 * byte	else	import	public	throws	case	enum	instanceof	return	transient
			 * catch	extends	int	short	try	char	final	interface	static	void
			 * class	finally	long	strictfp	volatile	const	float	native	super	while

// This is a declaration statement
			// integerOne is a local variable to the main function. It can only be accessed in main
			int integerOne = 22;

int integerTwo = integerOne + 1; // This is an expression statement

// White space has no meaning in Java, aside from variables and keywords
			integerTwo =

float bigFloat = 3.14F; // You must end a float with an F
			double bigDouble = 3.1234567890D; // The D is not required with doubles
			System.out.println(Float.MAX_VALUE); // Float is precise to 6 decimal places
			System.out.println(Double.MAX_VALUE); // Double is precise to 15 decimal places

boolean trueOrFalse = true; // Booleans are True or False, not 1 or 0

// A char will accept a number or a character surrounded by apostrophes
			char randomChar = 65; // Character Code for A is 65 Minimum value 0 Maximum value 65535
			char anotherChar = 'A';
			System.out.println(randomChar);

// chars can also contain escaped characters
			char backSpace = '\b';
			char formFeed = '\f';
			char lineFeed = '\n';
			char carriageReturn = '\r';
			char horizontalTab = '\t';
			char doubleQuote = '\"';
			char singleQuote = '\'';
			char backSlash = '\\';

// A string contains a series of characters
			String randomString = "I'm just a random";
			String anotherString = "string";

// You combine strings with a +
			String combinedString = randomString + ' ' + anotherString;
			System.out.println(combinedString);

// How to convert any other type to a string
			String byteString = Byte.toString(bigByte);
			String shortString = Short.toString(bigShort);
			String intString = Integer.toString(bigInt);
			String longString = Long.toString(bigLong);
			String floatString = Float.toString(bigFloat);
			String doubleString = Double.toString(bigDouble);
			String booleanString = Boolean.toString(trueOrFalse);
			String charString = Character.toString(randomChar); // You don't need to do this

System.out.println(charString);

// Can't do this because char is a primitive data type
			// System.out.println(randomChar.getClass());

// You can do this because String is an object
			System.out.println(charString.getClass());

// You use casting to convert from one primitive type to another
			// If you convert from a number that is to big the largest possible value will be
			// used instead
			double aDoubleValue = 3.1456789;
			int doubleToInt = (int) aDoubleValue;
			System.out.println(doubleToInt);

/* To cast to other primitive types just proceed with the conversion to type
			 * ie (byte) (short) (long) (double)
			 * (float) & (boolean) & (char) don't work.
			 * (char) stays as a number instead of a character

// Use parseInt to convert a string into an integer
			int stringToInt = Integer.parseInt(intString);

/* Other parse functions
			 * parseShort, parseLong, parseByte, parseFloat, parseDouble, parseBoolean
			 * There is no reason to parse a Character

}
		// You must provide a closing brace } so Java knows when the function has ended
}

166 Responses to “Java Video Tutorial”

1. punit says:

awesome tutorial, please provide more videos as soon as possible..

Next week I plan to make a video a day while on vacation. It should be fun, or at least educational 🙂

• Edmond says:

Your tutorials are terrific and most inspiring. It would be most beneficial to follow the videos with either subtitles or a transcript of the accompanying lecture (audio input from you) as I am severely hearing impaired in both ears. I hope you don’t mind this humble request as your comments in the code for each lesson are usable during revision.

Thank you very much 🙂 I have captioning on YouTube, but I don’t know how well it works. I’ve recently been asked to translate the videos into other languages, but I’m not sure how to do that or how to make the captioning better. I’ll look into whether YouTube allows me to change that. Thank you for the request and I’ll see what I can do

• Edmond says:

Thank you for your helpful & continued advice. You are a gem to look into this request further. I’ve tried the caption option on YouTube, unfortunately it doesn’t work at all for me. Apart from resorting to your on line help with understanding the code in the brilliant lessons, would it be possible to increase & expand on your commented explanations in the comments in the code for each lesson. I remain greatful for your most kind consideration of my request. Thank you very much.

I could put a translator on my site if you think that would help? The only reason why I haven’t is because I thought Google automatically translates sites into any language. I’m not sure if they do that in your country though. I’m sorry, but I’m not very well traveled and know very little about other countries. If there are any tools I can add to help you I definitely will add them

• Edmond says:

I’m from the London, UK and can only use English, but would much appreciate any help with computerspeak, as it can be as daunting as ancient Greek! On a tangent, may I please request your learned advice and help about availability of Video tutorials for computer hardware? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much, once again.

Are you looking for a tutorial on simulating speech? I’d love to do something on that topic. Image recognition would be more exciting yet and I plan on covering that in the future when I explore AI. I have been planning a tutorial on electronics for over a year. I was going to start of with basic components and work my way up into a functioning machine with an OS and everything. I just haven’t been able to fit it in. It doesn’t seem like many people are interested in that for some reason? I have all of the equipment and hope to cover that soon

• Edmond says:

I wish to thank you for your continuing and enthusiatic help, encouragement and inspiration with regards to my requests for help with image recognition and simulating speech. It is so wonderful that this is associated with your own exploration of AI. I must say that I am really looking forward to your planned tutorial on electronics, which would work all the way up into a functioning machine with an OS. I do hope you get the required time and resources to fit it in to your demanding schedule. I hope that this endeavour appeals and more people express their interest. In the meanwhile, thanks for all your well intended help.

Thank you for the kind words 🙂 I really want to cover electronics and will get to it soon. Sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed by requests. Always know that I’m doing my best to fulfill everyones requests.

• Rutesh M says:

Thank You Sir!!!! for such a g8 tutorial!!!!! terrific!!!

2. supprof1 says:

this new serie came in a right time
    after covering almost the web languages programing you made the right choise to move to java.
    so thank you derek see you in the next tutorial

Yes I’ve covered most everything in regards to web specific languages. I do want to go back and cover Ruby. I’ll probably do that after I’m done with Java. Then I’m going to start covering other areas of knowledge like I mentioned before. I hope you like the new direction

3. padma says:

Hello, your tutorials are as always interesting. I dont know my question is related to java or not but just wanted to ask whether u know how to create something like this website dollar2rupee.net, its a dollar to rupee exchange rate website. Can you help out. Thanks

4. punit says:

Thank you for your response, if possible try to make a tutorial series for advance java also, i never found tutorial series for this anywhere.

5. Hanne says:

Hi,
    I installed Eclipse as shown in yor tutorial. When I want to create a new file.java I cannot save it. I do not see any path as in your tutorial. Do I have to create a project first or did I do something wrong with the settings? Thanks.

Did you create a new workspace when you first started Eclipse? You also have to make sure Java is highlighted in the upper right hand corner in Eclipse. I have everything saved in the Package Explorer – src – default package folder. I hope that helps

6. dave says:

Great tutorial on java! Can you make a tutorial on else, if, for while,arrays and loops.

Thanks

Absolutely I’ll cover conditional statements, loops, OOP, Arrays, Strings, Collections, functions, Threads, Networking, regex, Swing, Streams, Databases, Servlets, etc. It is going to be a huge tutorial 🙂

7. dave says:

I am taking Java programming in school and I want to learn the basic concepts before I start taking my classes. Looking forward to the videos.

Thanks!

I’ll cover more than just the basics. I plan to cover conditional statements, loops, OOP, Arrays, Strings, Collections, functions, Threads, Networking, regex, Swing, Streams, Databases, Servlets, etc.

I hope you find them useful. They start off kind of boring, but get interesting very quick

8. punit says:

if possible please provide tutorial on servlet and jsp.

9. Aha says:

Hey,
    These tutorials are very helpful.. I will appreciate if you could upload tutorials for JSP, Servlets, Spring and Hibernate…

Thanks !!!

10. Punit says:

i have a question, final keyword is used to make something constant, ie.(we cannot change it), but what is this mean that “we cannot change it” if i change the value of the final variable, in the program/code, i can do that, so what is “we cannot change the value of final variable”.

You can’t change a final variable if it is a primitive data type. You could however change the value of a non-primitive. The only thing that’s final about a non-primitive is its reference in memory. I haven’t really gotten to advanced stuff like this, so if this doesn’t make sense stay tuned for the future videos

11. Kevin says:

It would be great if you could set some small assignments in Java so people can test their skills.

Thanks

Java beginner

The best advice I can give you is to study the video and then try to recreate everything out of your head. I’ll look into making assignments because I’ve received that request many times.

12. Mostafa Fatouh says:

Please admin i am studying java
    and just asking about the applications which contains big numbers
    it could not be defined in int , long or double
    is there is a(BigIntegar) in java or how can i?

13. Tillman says:

Great videos! I enjoyed your SQL Video’s they helped me get a B+ in my last class. Now I am watching your Java series to supplement my reading.

Great I’m glad you like them. I’m making a pretty neat Java tutorial that shows you how to load SQL query results into a JTable. It is going up today

14. Gary says:

The best tutorial channel on YouTube.

I have a question though. My heart and soul is broken with Eclipse.
    I’m trying to run the HelloWorld code in Eclipse and all I get is a “Launch Error – Editor does not contain a main type”.

Please help me before I throw my laptop out the window!
    Gary.

Thank you 🙂 I made a tutorial on how to install Eclipse and Java here Install Java 1.7 Eclipse

As per your error, you probably saved the program in the wrong folder. You need to have the Package Explorer panel open in Eclipse. If you don’t see it do this: Click Window – Show View – Package Explorer

Now that you have it on your eclipse screen click on the folder it has in it. You’ll see another folder named src. Inside of src, you’ll see default package. Save your java code in default package.

If you don’t see anything in Package Explorer, right click in Package Explorer and Click New Project.

That should do it. If not tell me

Derek

15. joel says:

Hi Derek excellent explanation.I was not having an idea in programming lang.after wacthing your series i am pretty much aware of the lang.great work derek.

16. joel says:

Hello Team,everything cant be spoon feeded.you all must start practicing wat derek has taught.his tutorials is sufficient for a person to become a good programmer.you people have to give your effort to after watching his video series.

17. shyamal says:

I am new to this so i dont know which program to download????

18. Sean says:

Great Videos! I watched all of the java videos you posted. Could you please post some videos for replacing token values in the file1.properties and file2.properties? i.e
    HOST_NAME = ;
    DB =

19. Sean says:

Another question, I created a class and later deleted it along with the folder in the windows’ explorer. Now it give me error whenever I try to create that class. It says class type error when I try to give the name to that class. How do I fix this problem. I’m using eclipse.

Also, for last comment less than or greater than symbol removed the information that I typed for dollarsymbolHost eq.to lt symbol-replace this token-greater than symbol;

20. Sno says:

Thanks for the tutorials. I have watched some of your other videos, but i have just started watching this series. Still these seem to be some of the most well made video tutorials out there. thnx for all the work i’m sure u put into these.

You’re very welcome 🙂 I guess after making almost 500 videos I’m getting better. I wish i would have incorporated testing into the videos from the beginning like the khan academy does. I’m always working to make them better and I hope they continue to live up to your kind words. Thank you for the support

21. Justin S says:

After about two weeks of web surfing for concise to-the-point tutorials I discovered your videos on YouTube. I watched a majority of your Python 2.7 tutorials and can say that 50% of my knowledge was from those videos (the other 50% acquired over time and through my job). The speed and clarity of your videos stuck in my mind, and when I decided a few days ago I’d like to learn Java, I didn’t think twice about where to begin. Nothing else compares to these videos. You are the Master Tutor!

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer these free videos. I have found that I absolutely love programming, and am excited to learn more and more, most of which will be with your videos. Don’t stop!

Hi Justin, I’m very happy that you enjoy my videos. Thank you for taking the time to say you like them. I have many more in the works. I recently stopped because I have a terrible cold, but I’ll start making them again next week. Always feel free to ask questions.
      Derek

22. Abu says:

To cast to other primitive types just proceed with the conversion to type
    ie (byte) (short) (long) (double)
    (float) & (boolean) & (char) don’t work.
    (char) stays as a number instead of a character

what do you mean by float, boolean and char not work?

• Abu says:

Do you mean by casting double to float, boolean and char is not working or for any type to float, boolean and char also not working?

I have tested in following way and it shows that float, boolean and char can be casted. Would you mind to explain further?

double aDoubleValue = 3.1456789;
      float doubleToInt = (float)aDoubleValue;
      System.out.println(doubleToInt);
      // It displays 3.5679

double aDoubleValue = 3.1456789;
      float doubleToInt = (float)aDoubleValue;
      System.out.println(doubleToInt);
      // It displays 3

double aDoubleValue = 3.1456789;
      char doubleToInt = (char)aDoubleValue;
      System.out.println(doubleToInt);
      // It displays a question mark inside a box

23. Abu says:

Also, what do you mean by (char) stays as a number instead of a character?? can you provide some example?

24. SouravB says:

Got a question: I was searching for the solution to the problem “(Counting occurrence of numbers) Write a program that reads the integers
    between 1 and 100 and counts the occurrences of each. Assume the input ends
    with 0.”

GOT this solution from a site … forgot the address

import java.util.Scanner;
    public class OccurenceOfNumbers {

public static void main(String[] args)
    {

}

for (int i = 1; i 0)
    System.out.println(i + 1 + ” occurs ” + counts[i] + (
    counts[i] == 1 ? ” time” : ” times”));
    }
    }

Please Sir can u explain me this part

int number = input.nextInt();
    while (number != 0) {
    counts[(number – 1)] += 1;
    number = input.nextInt();
    }

Why number = input.nextInt(); is done twice …. HELP!!!

25. Kathy says:

Hi – I need some help.

I have filled an array with random numbers, found the minimum value and know what position it is in. Now I need to switch the number in that position with the number in position 0, left sentinal. I don’t have my code with me to include here but is there anyway you can help me by explaining how I would go about this? Thanks – love your tutorial!

26. Buddha says:

How do you recommend watching your videos and practicing to really understand, remember, and apply all of the stuff from the Java tutorial through Android, which you are doing now?

For best results
      1. Print the code
      2. Take notes on the code as you watch the videos
      3. Make programs of your own using what you learn in each video
      4. Send me any questions you have
      5. Have Fun 🙂

27. Anonymous says:

Your videos are awesome. especially the way u cover the subject with in a given time is nice

28. Sudeep Saxena says:

Thanku Sir , i m from india… a btech student… i m watching ol ur videos…i m vry vry thankful to u… ur videos r so helpful… its much much easy to learn java through ur videos…excellent teaching sir…Really awsme vids n codes… thanks again sir… 🙂

Thank you very much for the nice message 🙂 I’m very happy to be able to help you. I’m more popular in India then I am in my own country. That was very surprising. Always feel free to ask questions. I will do my best to help – Derek

29. benlouyou says:

First of all thank you so much for this wonderful job !!

I have a global request about all the java tutorials : Could you please make a post where I (and others) would be able to download an archive which would contains all the .java code ? ( Because yes I’m a little bored to copy-paste all files from the differents posts into notepad and save it as .java :p )

Thank you in advance !

PS : little advice : I looked for a guest book page where I could thank you but I didn’t find it, so maybe you could create one 😉

PPS : Sorry for my worst english !

• benlouyou says:

bad* english :p

You’re very welcome 🙂 How would you want the download to be structured? Do you want every tutorial available in one download? Understand that I sometimes won’t have everything so heavily commented in the code I have on my computer because I never planned on doing that.

Your english is fabulous! As a person that grew up in a home were many languages were spoken, I’m aware of how hard it is to learn english. I’ll see what I can do about the guest book

Derek

• benlouyou says:

Yes, that’s what I was thinking about ! Every classes files in a .zip or .rar 🙂 But if you don’t have the online code as files on your computer don’t worry, I’ll continue my copy-paste…

30. willam says:

Hi bro, your tutorials are fabulous, i have seen many tutorials online from premium faculties but not that impressing, your tutorials are excellent and brilliant, i dnt have words to praise your style.
    Humble request to upload web services(soap,rest) in java tutorials.
    Thanks so much

Thank you very much 🙂 I’m glad you are enjoying them. I will cover restful services in java after my Android tutorial, but I have been thinking about covering them either using Ruby, or PHP right now in the next few weeks. I need them for the Android tutorial. Tell me if you are in any way interested in that? Thank you

31. LuckyAli says:

32. LuckyAli says:

which book you will refer for Java ..thanks in advance..and yeah i love your videos..its easy to grasp – S

33. Talib says:

Hey your tutorials are amazingly good.. Can I start android development videos now or I need to get Java more.. Basically how much knowledge do I need to know to begin android development.. I am a computer engineering student and have programming experience
    in c,javascript,php,phython

34. ravindra says:

which basic laguages i need to know for android development.

35. Shafin Thiyam says:

First of all your tutorial is great I really like to appreciate
    your effort you put in.
    Derek can you provide all of us tutorial on collection and mapping in detail how it can be used to carry database and class object.

Thanks,
    Shafin

36. Shafin says:

Your video is awesome. I really appreciate you put your effort on it.
    Can you provide tutorial on collection and mapping how it can be use with database object and class object, multithreading in detail.

Thank you very much 🙂 I cover most of these topics in this Java tutorial and also in my algorithms tutorials. I’m planning an advanced algorithms tutorial that should be out soon

37. amr essam says:

nice vidios
    keep moving forward
    but please what theme did you use for the frames?
    I use netbeans

38. Sameer Nassa says:

Derek Sir,
    Great fan of yours. You teach better than any teacher I have come across. I want to make my fundamentals strong and clear Java certification by oracle. I believe watching your Java series and of-course advanced topic I can shape up my skills and take career to new height.
    Any other MANTRA of yours is there then please teach us.

Great People Leave Great Stories Behind.
    Thanks A LOT
    Sameer

Thank you very much Sameer 🙂 You’re very kind. I’ll continue to do my best to cover these topics to the best of my ability. Thank you for stopping by my website.

39. Ali says:

Thank you very much for your tutorial ,really thank you

40. courage says:

Hi, your tutorials are splendid, but l have a little problem, when watching after some time its fade, and its hard for you to see what you are doing , l dont know why , my appeal is for you to correct that , thanks. Big up. Give u my thumb.

Thank you 🙂 It may help if you print out the code and take notes while pausing the video. That seems to help many people. Also since the notes are in your own words they tend to make you remember concepts later. I hope that helps.

41. Nitesh Kumar says:

Hi admin,
    Thank you very much for all your videos, it is so informative for the beginners. I been watching your java,html,css and mysql video and lot that I can learn from your videos. I would also like to raise a request to please cover advance java video tutorials as well. I hope you would consider request in spite of your busy schedule.

42. Siva says:

I think the statement you have mentioned in this page in “Code from Video” section needs to be changed because this is correct only for static methods.

“// Class variables must start with static if you want to access them with any other methods in the class”

changed to
    “// Class variables must start with static if you want to access them with static methods in the class”

43. David McMonigle says:

Derek,

I have been learning Java with heavy fire the past two months in aspirations to be a Java developer. I’ve read MIT courseware, several books on Java, and even downloaded a few “Learn Java” apps for quick reference while I am on my “Thinking Seat”! But no one else has broken down the language so eloquently as you have. I’m only on the 15th video so far, but you have explained everything perfectly. I have a greater understanding for Java now and hope to be through the videos by the end of the month!

YOU ARE AMAZING SIR!

David,

Thank you very much 🙂 I’m happy to hear that I was able to help so much. I continue covering java in my Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, Refactoring, Java Algorithms and Android tutorials if you are interested in learning more. Always feel free to ask questions. I do my best to help.

Derek

• David says:

Oh I will learn however much I can gobble up! I was a little stumped in regular expressions (especially the phone number part) but I managed to work my way through it. Will you be offering any tutoring in C++ as well? Would it be an easy jump after I’ve learned Java?

44. Arvind says:

Can u please do a tutorial on the seperate things you need to learn to make a minecraft mod??If it is not already there??

45. ihgyu says:

how about scala,ruby on rails,opengl and system programming(linux commands,bash programming etc)is there any change to make tutorials for these languages?

46. Umair says:

I just wanted to know difference and how the jvm handles single quote(”) and double quotes(“”);

47. Jampa says:

Zillion of thanks for your great tutorial it is Time Saver + Money Saver = Make life Easy! but i have a small request….. I am just wondering can you make all those code in pdf format so we don’t need to print which saves money and tree 🙂 and more importantly we can upload it in Ipad and read when we watch the videos. Thanks once again. God bless you!

48. khathu says:

Hello.
    Can I have codes for all of your java videos, if its possible??

49. Sham says:

Hello Derek,
    I have a question on servlet.
    In the below web.xml content, Why / is used to mention login.jsp and loginpage. What is the meaning?

/login.jsp

/loginpage

Sham

50. David McMonigle says:

Derek,

I finished your Java videos back in October, and thanks to you I obtained my OCAJP Certification in November and looking for more I can do in the programming world. Thank you, sir!

Cheers,
    Dave

51. gamer says:

i want to learn java as i am beginner .. basic syntax how to make logics and how to use oop in java please help me..recommend me good book.so that i start learning fast & easily.
    Q:;you make videos on books lesson?

52. king says:

I want to learn java . tell me the book from which as a beginner i learn java,. Also oop in java …. i want to learn how to use 2 classes (1 with main method and other is simple)

53. king says:

what can i do after watching your video…. i want to learn fast .

54. Bee ground says:

Is this possible that we can sort the CHAR in String?

55. Rudy Vissers says:

Mr Banas,

I am a freelance developer and I read your work just to learn something new or to refresh or for the fun. I give you a 10 🙂 and I like very much your philosophy of live. You have a big fan…
    (I have just listened to you q&a session that I liked very much)

Could you notice the following ?
    // A char will except a number or a character surrounded by apostrophes
    should be replaced by
    // A char will accept a number or a character surrounded by apostrophes

// A string conatins a series of characters
    should be replaced by
    // A string contains a series of characters

// Every main function must except an array of string objects
    should be replaced by
    // Every main function must accept an array of string objects

See you next time ! Rudy (from Belgium)

56. vegeta9000 says:

Can you recommend any programming books?also can you make any video to solve programming exercises?because mostly programmers
    have no idea on problem solving.

57. Bobby says:

I have a question, I have been watching your tutorials through and I have been deleting all the code when I went to the next video and realized that this code would be great for reference with the comments in the future because i’m new to java, so I was wondering if there was any way to download all of the files into eclipse and put them into a project so that when I am coding in the future I will have a big reference for the code.
    Thanks – Bobby.

Yes I structured them so that they could be used as references. There really isn’t any way for me to set it up though so you can download everything directly into Eclipse. Sorry about that

58. Luis says:

Thank you, very clear and useful way of explaining the fundamentals!!

59. Madiraju Krishna Chaitanya says:

Hi Derek Banas,Thanks a LOT for the videos and for the Great Explanation.You are our Life and Career Saver.Please keep up the Good Work.Please continue to work on these projects which help people like us.May GOD BLESS YOU… 🙂

60. Jay says:

Hi I love your videos. But I have a question. If I learn Java, will it help me in making Android Apps? If not, what programming language is used to make Android Apps? Which software do you use to film your videos? Lastly, what programming language do you need to know to make IOS apps?

61. Vivek says:

your java video tutorials are very good for newbie’s…can you please make some for java serial communication???
    Thnx in advance….

62. XanderAspiring says:

Awesome tutorial, how do you know a lot about a lot?

Thank you 🙂 I actually don’t know a lot about many things. Almost everything I know has something to do with programming. I know almost nothing about pop culture, geography, history, etc. My wife laughs at me because I don’t know things like who the mayor or governor is 🙂

63. Dave says:

Hi! I am trying to build a web browser with additional fuctionality like progress bar , bookmarks, back, forward, menu,save, print … is it possible to build it with only java programming or not ? I have the ideas but unable to implement them … Can you help me or suggest me anything?

64. Kevin Beydler says:

These are the best. I would like to ask about it but, it seems to literally cover anything I can think of…

65. ren says:

Derek? On those java tutorials that you uploaded, does it covered everything about java?

66. Naeem Khan says:

Java Video Tutorials. You wrote in Caption:
    “This tutorial starts out slow, but by the end you will be a Java expert!”
    I think your tutorial is fast and superb and I hope as you have said to become an expert even before I reached last video.
    Thanks a lot for such a nice effort and Please carry on this good work…

Thank you 🙂 I did my best to teach everything about Java. I also have tutorials on object oriented design, algorithms, design patterns, refactoring, UML, etc. to help you become an expert.

67. altus says:

Hi Derek I’m just starting out and have no idea what’s going on in video’s,books I just can’t grasp it, so I want to ask, I see you recommend Head first java, is this a good book for someone who has never programmed in their live