Java Video Tutorial 60

Java Asteroids GameIn this video I continue my Java Asteroids game. I pretty much finish up the game in this tutorial.

I show you how to do a bunch of new things. I show you how to play sound in a JFrame. We introduce yet another way to handle collision detection. We remove items from the screen when they are destroyed. And, a whole bunch more is covered.

All of the code is available below and in this zipped archive.

If you like videos like this, tell Google by clicking here

Sharing is always nice

Code from the Video

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

26 Responses to “Java Video Tutorial 60”

1. mr.roshik says:

Hi do u have any plan to make tutorial on magento or drupal for developing ecommerce site ? i think advanced step of this type tutorials are not available. so please …..

Not at this time because I made a free wordpress ecommerce tutorial that has worked perfectly for me for almost a year with a single problem. I don’t know of an iron clad free ecommerce solution other than what I covered in Create an Online Store. I don’t know if you’ve seen that tutorial or not?

2. mr.roshik says:

display none and visibility hidden , whts the difference of this two css property ? help me to know.

visibility:hidden hides an element, but it will still take up the same space as before and still affect the layout.

display:none hides an element, it will not take up any space and the page will be displayed as if the element is not there

3. mr.roshik says:

Thanks a lot.

4. Bilou says:

Look man you did a great job ^^ I am glad because there is people like you alive :p I’ll be happier if you make more Java tutorials

More pure Java tutorials are right around the bend. My last tutorials on design patterns and UML are technically Java tutorials. You have to learn a bunch of things to be a great programmer. Refactoring using java is coming next. Thanks for stopping by 🙂

5. MADLY says:

Is there a .zip archive for the noises…

6. bob says:

I also do games long time ago using Java and J2ME. I just do simple box collission detection. I think circles are much easier because you just compute the distance between the 2 centers.

7. Samuel Pius says:

Hey Derek 🙂

8. Umair says:

I liked this series of video game. I just wanted to ask is this include MVC(Model View Controller) pattern. My question is what is MVC and how did you achieved in this video game.

9. Umair says:

Is it true that C,C++ supports more graphics option than Java. This is what you told in one of the game video series.

10. Umair says:

11. Prakash says:

Hi.. I am your great fan. I learnt java from your tutorial.. You are really awesome.. Keep going.

12. Alex says:

Woooooooooo!!!!!! first video game down!

Just wanted to say thank you. I have learned so much through your tutorials. They may have also played a part in me getting a job, so congratulations you are feeding me now too.