UML 2.0 Video Tutorial

UML 2.0 Video TutorialWelcome to my UML 2.0 Video Tutorial! In this series I will cover Use Case, Activity, Class, Object, Sequence and many more UML Diagrams.

Unified Modeling Language (UML) is a graphical way of describing software systems. In this tutorial, I’ll focus on Use Case Diagrams which list the steps a system needs to follow to reach a goal. I’ll walk you through the parts of a Use Case Diagram as well as the requirements of a Use Case Description.

It starts slow, but quickly it will dramatically improve your ability to create robust systems.

If you like tutorials like this, it helps to tell Google with a click

Share if you have a friend that would like this

Example Use Case Description

Description

The user enters their card and PIN. Security verifies the card. The user selects the account to use. They select an amount. Security verifies if the amount is available. The system comes to a conclusion on if money is provided. The user selects funds as $10s or $20s. Security provides the funds if possible. Security provides a receipt and the users card.

Trigger

• Invalid PIN
  • Customer Insufficient Funds
  • ATM Insufficient Funds
  • Over Daily Limit
  • Stolen Card

Extensions (Alternatives)

• If PIN is Invalid 3 Times (Eat Card)
  • If Card Marked as Stolen (Eat Card)

Steps of Execution (Requirements)

• 1. Customer Inserts Card
  • 6C. Over Funds in Machine
  • 6D. Ask for New Amount
  • 7. Provide $10 or $20
  • 8. Provide Funds
  • Provide Receipt
  • 10. Eject Card

15 Responses to “UML 2.0 Video Tutorial”

1. Marzio says:

Hello Derek,

I am sooo enjoying your tutorials. I am working the UML track, and found parts 1, 3, 4, 5, and 8 but I have to start each one to know the sequence number, and well, I can’t find number 2 at all. Your tutorials are fantastic. Please keep up the great work!

2. Ciaran says:

Great tutorial Derek,nice website its been a one stop shop for me soooooooooooo…. Much content. I’m in college doing computer programming 101 we’ve covered Java,GUI and we’re doing SAD now and your vid’s have been invaluable to me and I’m sure too many other people aswell, you cover EVERYTHING Thanks and keep up the good work.

3. Daniela Model says:

Although one programmer has the necessary skills and knowledge to work competently on a problem or even create a program, he or she can only do so much. Creating the source code for an operating system, for example, will require thousands of manhours from a single programmer and most probably, he or she will only be halfway through. There just isn’t enough time for one or even two programmers to work effectively to produce a usable program.^*

All the best
    <http://www.caramoan.co

4. Raj says:

You are awesome Dude. These tutorials are very enjoyable. This is my favorite pass time now, I come from work and watch your Videos till I sleep.

If you can, can youplease share your power Points and the Use Case Diagrams that you showed in this lecture.

5. Lalit Jain says:

Thanks Derek
    Keep Up the good Work
    It has Really Helped me a Lot

6. ameen says:

what the program I have to use

7. vinodh says:

thanks a lot for great overview videos on uml

8. saleh says:

hi Derek
    thanks a lot for your effort.
    i wonder if i u can upload your uml files u use in the video?