Object Oriented Design 5

Object Oriented Design Sequence DiagramIn this video I continue building my ATM software using Object Oriented Design principles. If you missed the beginning of this tutorial, the previous videos are here.

If you want to learn everything about Sequence Diagrams, I have you covered as well. I take you through the creation of a sequence diagram using all of the diagrams I made before it. The sequence diagram made in the video follows the video to help you learn.

If you like videos like this, it helps to tell Google that they are good

If you know anyone interested in programming, feel free to share

ATM Sequence Diagram

Click the image below a few times to view it full screen

ATM Sequence Diagram

8 Responses to “Object Oriented Design 5”

1. Sid Rajan says:

Hello Derek,

What software/website did you use to create your NewThinkTank icon of yourself that shows as your Twitter and YouTube picture? I have seen others online that have icon’s that are very similar to your own and I was wondering if they used the same software to create it. Originally, I thought that it was done by you in Photoshop, but now that I have seen others that have icons that look suspiciously similar, I figured there must be some way of creating it?

A long time ago you could make a manga version of yourself on a site that doesn’t exist anymore. I then later redrew a new version in Illustrator. Sorry, but I can’t find a similar site. Maybe I’ll do a tutorial on drawing manga characters?

2. Marko says:

Hi Derek, I need a help. In this sequence diagram, you called findBankAssociatedWithCard(later you renamed to isAtmCardsBankInNetwork) in BankComputer class. In class diagram (video 7) there is no such a method in BankComputer. This method exist only in Atm and ComputerNetwork class. Is this a mistake you made or not. Thank you Derek.

I’m not sure if you saw the message I left on YouTube, so here it is just in case

isATMCardsBankInNetwork is a method in the ATM and BankNetwork class. It isn’t needed anywhere else because after theTransaction is marked true for setDidTheCardVerify i can just check there for a verified card. Does that help?

3. Daniel says:

a week ago I discovered your site and I am amazed of the work you have done. I just have to find a method not to forget so quickly…:) Anyway, greetings from Romania and THANK YOU!
    P.S. Maybe you can cover someday the .NET world and C#.

Thank you very much 🙂 I’m very happy that you enjoy the videos. It is very gratifying to people able to help people all over the world. Thank you for taking the time to tell me that they helped

4. muhammed says:

no comment … best ever explantion seen ty bro