Install Eclipse for Java

Install Eclipse for JavaI’ve been asked to show you how to Install Eclipse for Java a few times lately. So in this video I’ll show you how to install Eclipse step-by-step.

Not only will I show you how to install eclipse, but I’ll also cover how to install Java, set up code completion and install java libraries.

If you prefer to read these steps look here Install Java 1.7 Eclipse (For Mac and PC) and How to Install Java Libraries

If you like tutorials like these, it helps to tell Google

33 Responses to “Install Eclipse for Java”

1. mr.roshik says:

results for TEMPLATEPATH : C\wamp\www\wordpress/wp-content/themes/jw

results for bloginfo(‘template_url’): http://localhost/wordpress/wp-content/themes/jw

results for bloginfo(‘template_directory’): http://localhost/wordpress/wp-content/themes/jw

WHATS the difference of those ? when should i use which one ? please help.

2. Ryan says:

I am attempting to install this on my MAC and I get an error on attempting to run the file in Eclipse. Also it is work noting that if I run it via terminal it compiles and runs just fine. I am just attempting to run a very basic hello world program.

The error is
    Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: HelloWorld2
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: HelloWorld2
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

Either you don’t have JAVA_HOME/bin in your PATH or you downloaded the JRE instead of the JDK. Check the directory where you installed Java and see if your /bin directory has javac.exe in it. If you don’t have a /bin, download the JDK and install it.

3. Alwiinn says:

I have watched so many video tutorials an youtube and the internet and it didn’t work. Sir you are awesome please go on with you’re tutorials! someone that finally can explain clearly! thank you

4. aloysius says:

i need help educating myself with the following android htc developer tools

5. abreha says:

Hi Derek, thanks for all you are doing.

how am i going to use the library(apache commons library) you imported to eclipse in our code. and how does it help?

6. Kevin says:

I have tried many times to install Eclipse Indigo on my Windows 8 laptop but it just will not run. Microsoft says it is an incompatible program. What else can I do to write and execute Java code? Thanks!

7. abdullah says:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
    Software being installed: Android Native Development Tools 22.0.5.v201307292155–757759 (com.android.ide.eclipse.ndk.feature.group 22.0.5.v201307292155–757759)
    Missing requirement: Android Native Development Tools 22.0.5.v201307292155–757759 (com.android.ide.eclipse.ndk.feature.group 22.0.5.v201307292155–757759) requires ‘org.eclipse.cdt.feature.group 0.0.0′ but it could not be found

8. hunter says:

please help me when i try to run the program it shows run as and shows 2 files which 1 should i select java applet or java application

9. kuldeep says:

I am facing some problems post installing Android developer tools. The pop up comes when eclipse restarts and pop up says “Location of the Android SDK has not been setup in the preferences”. Moreover when I click on Android -> new Application project, it throws an error pop up saying ” The tools need to be updated via the SDK Manager” .. please help why is it so. I tried to google this, and the pop up is exactly same as in following link.

Thanks in advance !

• kuldeep says:

tutorial “install android Development tools”. I faced this error while following steps in the tutorial.

Thanks in advance !

10. kuldeep says:

I posted some questions ? No answer :(

11. kuldeep says:

I was successfully able to resolve all errors. Those were because of some wrong steps that i took while installing eclipse.

I am a newbie in android development and your videos are a kickstart for me !
    Superbly explained and they are concise and to the point.

Thanks a lot again !

12. kachi says:

hi derek
    while i was trying to install new software on my eclipse. i typed in “Name: Android Developer Tools” and “Location:https//dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse.This error kept popping up “Unable to connect to repository https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/content.xml
    Connection timed out: connect”. Please derek, what do i do?

13. kachi says:

this error pops up as well “org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException.

14. nishant says:

hello admin i got error while installing
    eclipse failed to load the jni shared library jvm.dll ???
    plss help

15. Ivar says:

Went to oracle to run JDK 7 x64 as indicated in your video. It halts and returns message ~not a valid win32 prog. I’m on Windows 7 which I believe to be an x64 OS. Seen this before ? Is there a solution ? They’re bragging about JDK 8 now. Should I ‘upgrade’?
    Thanks for the excellent work you put into your very informative videos !