Today I’m going to show you how to use a PS3 controller with a PC. I’ve received this question many times. Most of the problems come from the fact that people don’t know how to find MotionInJoy. You don’t have to worry about that now, because you can download MotionInJoy here.
Now that you have the MotionInJoy zipped file, we can set everything up. It is extremely easy to do. This also works for Mac users who want to use a PS3 controller with Parallels.
Use a PS3 Controller with a PC
1. Download and unzip MotionInJoy
2. The expanded file will create an executable file with the same name. Run that file.
3. Let the DS3 Tool Checkbox checked at the end of installation (The program will then open)
4. When the program opens, plug in your PS3 controller and click Driver Manager in MotionInJoy. You’ll see the following
5. Put a checkbox next to the USB device that you have your PS3 Controller plugged into. If you don’t know which one then check them both.
6. Click on the button labeled Load Driver in MotionInJoy (You may have to allow the drivers to be installed through a Windows popup)
7. After the drivers are loaded click on the Profiles tab in MotionInJoy.
8. Select your PS3 Controller in the drop down labeled Connected Game Controller
9. You’ll almost definitely want to check the box labeled XBox 360 Controller Emulator like you see in this image
10. Now click the button labeled Enable and then click the button labeled Vibration Testing in MotionInJoy.
That is it! Now you can use your PS3 Controller on a PC. The PS3 controller will work on Steam, or anything else.
If you like tutorials like this, it helps to tell Google+