New YouTube Comment System

YouTube LogoAs many of you know, YouTube recently changed the way commenting works. I go out of my way to answer every question that I receive, but now if you leave a question on YouTube chances are I will not receive it.

I still very much want to answer your questions and so there are a few ways to guarantee that I receive them. If you send me a question on Google+ I should receive it? If you leave a question however on my website I will definitely see it.

I’m going to make sure that I spend as much time answering questions on my website as I previously spent answering questions on YouTube. I consider Answering Your Questions to be more important then anything else including making videos.

I used to answer 80 questions per day on average. Today I only received 6 questions through the new system! So, if you want to guarantee I see your question and answer it, then leave it on my website.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can better serve you feel free to leave them in the comments section below. I hope the transition is easy on everyone.

Thank you for visiting my little website 🙂

Derek

15 Responses to “New YouTube Comment System”

1. Jake says:

Hello,

I found your helpful videos on youtube so I subscribed right away. You really explained everything perfectly in your code.

I found your video about the Stack and Queues but I need help implementing the stack in different way.

I am pretty new to coding so if you can help me about more about that stack.

I am a computer science student.

And my professor gave this assignment:

Task:

Implement a program that will use a stack structure to check for correct placement of parentheses in an algebraic expression. Allow the use of ( ) [ ] { } characters as grouping symbols. Make sure that an error is reported for an expression of a form (…]

If you can make a video or show me a code on how to implement this; I would appreciate it much

Thank you!

2. Anonymous says:

Hello,

Your video tutorials (Android) are very helpful and top level of teaching, thank you very much for it. I am sure that my opinion meets the opinion of most, if not all, of your videos viewers.
    Based your various tutorials, I would like to ask if you could elaborate on 2 subjects:

1. How to study?

2. How to evaluate stock price on real time and find its fair
    value?

Many thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the nice message 🙂 I’m glad you enjoy the videos. Per your questions, I made a Study Methods video that documents what works for me. I discussed these tips with some teachers that I respect and they said they are good and they added a few as well.

As per the stock market, I used to be a stock broker. I used to believe in the stock market and I was considered to be a pretty good trader not so long ago. The problem now is that stock prices are more determined by psychology, price manipulation and government actions then anything else.

For example Twitter lost $79 million last year. They lost $128 million the year before that. It has never been profitable, but really that doesn’t matter because investing on the stock market is basically gambling and everyone wishes they would have bought Amazon when it was bleeding money.

When a company has no profits it can only be valued based on revenue. This is were we see how psychology means more in the market then anything else today. Twitter as of now is selling at 75 times next years projected revenue numbers. Amazon and Apple for example are trading at only 3 times as a comparison.

I invest now mainly by taking short positions and I never hold onto a stock for long. In the last few years the longest I ever held a stock was 3 months (It was Apple by the way and I don’t own Apple any more and I never will again).

For the most part I can’t think of a single better way to invest then to invest in yourself. I picked up the skills I needed over the years as well as the cheap or free tools. Now when I see an opportunity I normally try to set up a business that will benefit rather then investing in a corporation that I really know nothing about.

I hope that helps in some way 🙂
      Derek

3. Israel Nemlich says:

Hello,

A good method to communicate is via forums in your web site and threads per subject/entry.

Many thanks

Hello,

Yes it looks like YouTube won’t allow me to answer questions like I did before. I wish there was an easy way to get people to post questions here instead, but it is very inconvenient.

Derek

4. Sham says:

Hello Derek,
    You explained me, why to use static keyword for Monsterboard[10][10] data memeber within a class, reason is, action is not getting attributed to that data member.

But I was bit puzzled when you wrote below line:
    public static class Customer { }
    Now i want to understand, why/when to use static keyword for class Customer,
    and also you are placing non-static members within this class.
    public String firstName, lastName;
    public int custAge;

Am bit confused on this.

5. Pradeep says:

Hello Derek,

I wanted to share my existing C++ code and wanted your opinion on how could I start working it on java in android.. You already told me that you do not use KAD. but I guess you may get some idea after looking to existing code. This will help me alot.. If you agree I can share my Dropbox link.. will be waiting for your reply.. thank you..

Hello Pradeep, I’m sorry, but I’m not able to except personal projects. If I did I wouldn’t have time to make tutorials anymore. Sorry about that, but I hope you understand.

6. GrammarNazi says:

“I consider Answering Your Questions to be more important than anything else including making videos.”

7. Royal khan says:

Hi Derek I want to thank you for your videos. Unlike my lecturers really want to teach and make a difference. I have a question I tried to search for a java explanation(along with example) of a dependency inversion principle.

8. racham says:

Hello Derek. I found your videos on YouTube last night. They are very well done, in my opinion.

I especially like the style and attitude behind the videos, and have a topic I would like to hear addressed in that way.

But, please allow me to gather my thoughts and return with it. Thank you. *Smiles*