Android Development for Beginners 9

Parse JSON Data with App Inventor This is the first video in a series in which we will make a professional weather app for Android. In this video I will show how to parse JSON Data with App Inventor. I also cover the App Inventor Web component, using Location Sensor, converting JSON data into an App Inventor List and much more.

I pull all the weather data from weather.gov. If you want international weather data I’d use the JSON feed from the Weather Underground. All of the blocks follow the video.

If you like videos like this, it helps to share them with Google Plus with a click here

The activity called to turn on GPS on Android device : android.settings.LOCATION_SOURCE_SETTINGS

Design for the Android Weather App

Click the image below to view it full screen

App Inventor Weather App Design

Blocks used for the Android Weather App

Click the image below to view it full screen

App Inventor Weather App Blocks

23 Responses to “Android Development for Beginners 9”

1. Chiel says:

Thanks again for this great tutorial!
    I had a problem but I solved it on my own :D. Appereantly some countries get a comma instead of a dot so the url wont work. I changed my mobile languages to english and it worked. The following countries use a comma instead of a dot: Bahase Indonesia, Deutsch (Γ–sterreich), Deutsch (Deutschland), Espanol (Argentina), Francais (France), Dansk, Nederlands (Nederland).

2. francisco says:

where is the continue of this secuense tutorial i need to finish but you did not finish

3. marko says:

Hi,
    first of all i want to thank you for these excellent tutorials keep up the good work πŸ™‚ And i have one problem when i try to load JSON data i get the following run time error “The operation select list item cannot accept the arguments:……”the rest is data. Thank you again.

4. Zeev says:

Greate Greate tuturial! its amazing what you do!

5. salim says:

thanks lot it’s a great tutorial. i applied it and i went even more.but i came with some issues. i was doing for FIDS (Flight Information Display System). but i got 100 rows and 5 column. is there any way i can get Large JSON data and arrange them in a table at app inventor. thanks again for your time.
    salim
    salim2k2@gmail.com

6. Roni Stiawan says:

How to get feed from http://www.wunderground.com?

7. Tony says:

One of the best tutorials I’ve ever watched! Awesome job. thanks a million.

8. Alec says:

After you finish this kind of aplication, you can submit them to google play?

9. Arihant says:

The best tutorial i have ever seen.Following your all videos