I haven’t made a recipe video in a while, so today I thought I’d present the recipe my wife and children love the best Shrimp Gumbo. The feature is definitely the shrimp, but the sweet and yet hot sauce is pretty amazing on its own.
I cam up with this after my family watched The Princess and the Frog. My one daughter is lactose intolerant and the other hates sausage, but they both love shrimp and so that is how we got Shrimp Gumbo. The recipe follows the video below.
If you like videos like this consider donating a $1 on Patreon.
Shrimp Gumbo Recipe
3 TBS Butter or Olive Oil Spread
3 TBS Flour
1 Fine Chopped Onion
1 Fine Chopped Green Pepper
2 TBs Garlic
2 can Diced Tomatoes (29 oz)
2 Small cans Tomato Sauce (16 oz)
1 Can Okra (14 oz)
2 TBS Parsley Flakes
2 cups Shrimp Water (Shells Boiled in Water)
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 lb shrimp cleaned and shelled (frozen or fresh)
1. Shell the shrimp and boil shells in 2 cups of water with a TBs of butter / Olive Oil Spread
2. Mix roux (Butter / Flour)
3. Add everything but the shrimp
4. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes depending on desired thickness
5. Simmer 5 minutes with fresh shrimp or 10 with frozen shrimp